Build your website on knowledge
Unless your website is meant only for your pleasure, you’ll need to develop and design your website to accommodate your target audience.
So who are your target audience?
In order to find out you should research as many aspects about your target adience and the dependencies they have.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What do you want to get out of it?
- What should you’re target audience get out of it: what’s in it for them?
- Who is your target audience?
- Possible interests
- Location and language(s)
- Possible disabilities (e.g. poor motor skills, visual impairments, dyslexia, and so on)
- Digital ability level (e.g. gamers vs elderly)
- Use of legacy browsers that you need to support?
- Use of specific or special devices that you need to support? E.g. TV, e-readers, smart watch?
The more you know the better.
Check your competition
Always look at your competition and extract the good parts and incorporate them in your website.
Pay close attention to:
- the keywords they use
- features they use
- tone of voice
But be careful! Only adopt things that help you reach and engage your audience better.Follow me @DanielKoster_UX